Monday, February 14, 2011

Revit boom

Categories:

Let me tell you about a funny experience I had with this BIM boom in our industry…
While searching for new job a while ago, I decided to find email addresses of all the architectural studios registered at www.RevitCity.com. I successfully sent over 3000 e-mails with a request for collaboration in architectural project development (exclusively on Revit platform and by telecommuting). Why offices using Revit ? Revit was the most advanced platform for architects at the time, so I figured, those users must have tried telecommuting at least once.. How wrong I was!
Results 92 – not interested, 4 started to work with me temporarily (no long term strategy), 1 continued to work with me (still working together). Many of you probably received sort of unsolicited emails from me…please accept my apology.
What do you think has to happen for architectural offices to start implementing telecommuting more? It took me almost 3 years to perfect and streamline this process (production process, standards, quality control, tutorials...) so I know it’s hard, but far from impossible.
If any of you would be interested to know more about this way of working, let me know.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Revit boom"

Post a Comment